Thursday, July 23, 2015

Not Your Dorm Room Ramen

So I thought (for a change) I would try to make something for dinner.  I am not the one who typically cooks, unless we are having breakfast food or grilling.  I have pretty much forgotten how to cook over the past 9 years that my wife has been a SAHM and has taken over that domain.

But a ramen recipe? I figured I couldn't mess that one up!



First you put your (organic, free-range) eggs on to boil.  You peel and slice your (organic, locally-grown) carrot into thin slices.  Warm 2 tsp of oil in a large pot of med-high heat, add carrot and saute for about a minute, add vegetable broth, water, and simmer for 5 minutes.

Warm a tbs of oil in a saute pan, over medium-high heat. Slice bok choy down the center into 2 long pieces.  Salt and pepper the cut side. Lay cut-side down into the hot oil.  Cook about 3 minutes until golden brown and then flip.  Cook about 3 more minutes.

Slice radish in half and then cut very thin, half moon slices.  Cut scallion into rounds.  Put aside for garnish.  Put the ramen noodles into the simmering stock.  Cook 4 minutes.  Peel and cut eggs in half.

Ladle the soup onto bowls.  Place seared bok choy leaf side up and out of the bowl.  Garnish with radish and scallions.  Rest the soft boiled eggs on the noodles.  Add sriracha to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment